We can use it in many ways: prayers, petitions, supplications, meditation on God’s word.
The possibilities are endless, I think. 🤔
It’s just a partial list of what God’s Holy Scriptures have to say regarding the treatment of the poor. So here we go…
1. Defraud not the poor.
2. Be a helper to the other, the poor.
3. Love the poor.
4. Satisfy the afflicted soul.
5. Draw out thy soul to the hungry.
6. Deal your bread to the hungry.
7. Bring the poor that are cast out to thy house.
8. Cloth the poor.
9. Be strength to the poor.
10. Be a strength to the needy in their affliction.
11. Be a refuge from the storm to the poor.
12. Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor, and needy.
13. Consider the cause of the poor.
14. Rob not the poor.
15. Neither oppress the afflicted.
16. Do not mock the poor. (Reproaching his maker!)
17. By having mercy on the poor, you honor God.
18. Be happy by having mercy on the poor. This is a promise from God!
19. Raise the poor out of the dust… Bring them to thy house.
20. Lift the poor out of the dunghill… Bring them to thy house.
21. Stand at the right hand of the poor… Being their defense.
22. Deliver the poor and needy… Out of the hand of the wicked!
23. Do justice to the afflicted and needy.
24. Defend the fatherless.
25. Forget not the congregation of the poor.
26. The blood of the poor is precious in His sight.
27. Listen to the poor.
28. Be blessed by considering the poor.
29. Open your hand wide to your poor brother/sister.
30. Do not harden your heart towards the poor.
31. Do not shut up your hand from your poor brothers/sisters need.
32. Do not make the poor of the land to fail.
33. Do not write injustice into your laws against the poor!
34. Do not oppress the poor in judgment.
35. Do no violence to the cause of the humble.
36. Do not allow widows to be prey.
37. Do not rob the fatherless.
38. Do not put the fatherless in a situation to be robbed.
39. Dispise not the hungry soul.
40. Provoke not the poor in his want.
41. Leave not to them that ask of thee, to curse thee behind thy back. For God will hear their cry.
42. The poor commits himself to God.
43. Because of the oppression of the poor… Now will I arise, saith the Lord.
44. For the sighing of the needy… Now will I arise, saith the Lord.
45. Shame not the counsel of the poor.
46. Because the Lord is the refuge of the poor.
47. The Lord delivers the poor from him that is to strong for him.
48. The Lord delivers the needy when he cries.
49. The Lord delivers the poor when he cries.
50. The Lord delivers him that has no helper.
51. The Lord shall spare the poor.
52. The Lord shall spare the needy, and save the soul of the needy.
53. The Lord shall redeem the poor, and their soul from deceit.
54. The Lord shall redeem the poor and their soul from violence.
55. Let the poor and needy praise thy name.
56. The Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted.
57. The Lord will maintain the right of the poor.
58. Lend unto the Lord by having pity upon the poor.
59. The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is maker of them all.
60. He that giveth to the poor shall not lack.
61. The poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel!
I’m hope, and pray that this little list seeps deep into your heart, and infects you with a love for your poor, and needy brothers, and sisters who need brothers and sisters to be the hands, and feet, and mouth of our precious Lord, for God’s sake, and theirs!
Thank you for listening to the writings of a madman.
May God bless you and your families 🙏 💝